Oil and gas
The exploitation of oil and gas fields, the transport of these fluids and their chemical transformation require heavy industrial investments. The technical solutions that are used depend on the nature of the fluids and on the location of the field. That's why the determination of the thermodynamical and physico-chemical properties of the fluids is a key-point for oil & gas industries.
Separex can help Oil & Gas producers to:
- Determine the thermodynamic properties of the fluids, like gas/liquid equilibrium, GOR, etc... using SEPAREX high pressure PVT cells,
- Determine gaz/liquid mass transfer, to measure gas hydrates formation kinetic, using SEPAREX Visualization reactors or lab Reactors and pilot plants,
- Test HP reaction like catalyst at high pressure for hydrogenation, cracking… using lab Reactors and pilot plants,
- Predict flow assurance problems up front in the project design phase, using Separex circulation loops to observe hydrates formation and wax, asphaltenes, inorganic scale deposits, measure viscosity of emulsions, etc…
- Test Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) using CO2 and additives, where Separex expertise in the use of CO2 at high pressure can help you to find the best technical solutions for the transport of CO2, the separation of CO2 and oil and to determine the best injection parameters,
- Develop pipe-in-pipe solutions using aerogels, the best insulation system available on the market for this application (see patents E21B36/00; and F16L59/02).
SEPAREX proposes assistance and engineering for your high pressure process project and will also be your system supplier for lab and pilot scale systems.